Hi. I’m Hannah.
I hardly know what to think. She had this cool yarn in the stash that kind of reminded her of orchids and spring. The orchids started blooming a few weeks ago and that was that… she began to ignore me and the CoalBear and started fussing over the orchids and the yarn.
Okay, it is true that the orchids are kind of cool. I like to climb into the garden where they are growing from time to time to hang out with them. The Mother of Cats gets a little cranky when I do it, however, so I don’t get to do it all the time. I lately have been sleeping right next to the Mother of Cats while she knits on this… cat… Really, it doesn’t look all that much like a cat, but she kept telling me that it was. Here’s what happened.
I was really concerned for the Mother of Cats. It seemed like she didn’t really know what a cat is supposed to look like. I can kind of see the chin, but that nose and the EYES were the stuff of
knitty kitty nightmares.
Now that the Mother of Cats has finished up the orchid kitty she has gone back to knitting on my blanket. Yay!! She isn’t ignoring me so much because she keeps putting the blanket on me while she sews the pieces together. I can’t wait to get my blanket and we are working on it every evening together while the CoalBear runs wild and chases his toys downstairs.
Hannah: Because I am a little princess, and also because you don’t share the toys!!
This is Hannah, signing off.
Happy Caturday everyone!!
Notes from the Mother of Cats:
- The pattern that I used is Grey Kitten Calico Cat by Claire Garland.
- The yarn is a silk/merino/nylon blend by Noro called Tsubame. It is dk weight and I just knit the colors as they appeared in the ball as I worked. Mostly. I did throw out some green along the way.
- My project page on Ravelry is here. Yeah, I was too lazy to write in any notes on the page.
- I used the center quill of feathers to make the whiskers.
- 5 of my 7 orchid plants are now blooming and they definitely deserve a knitted cat to hang out with them!!
- Did you want to see the back of the cat? Here he is!