Hi. I’m MacKenzie.
The Mother of Cats has been going crazy for days now. She knits and sews and fusses over little projects endlessly! It has to do with Christmas, which is strange since she hasn’t put up the Christmas tree yet. I love the Christmas tree: best cat toy ever!! I worry about the Mother of Cats. She has so many projects cast on at the moment the coffee table in the family room is buried. There are project bags in the bed. She left knitting needles on the table where my cookies are supposed to be. She has quilting stuff all over the craft room. SHE IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!
There is a lot going on, and she can’t show off all of it because… Christmas… but here are some of the little projects in progress:
The good news is that since the Mother of Cats is knitting so much I am getting lots of attention and naps right by her side. She lets me have a cookie every once in a while, but mostly I am getting lots of wet food meals and she lets me eat whatever I want! Tuna! Liver! Stinky shrimp and fish!! I want it all and she gives me a fresh can twice a day. Maybe the Mother of Cats does pay attention to my needs after all.
She also puts medicine on my ear twice a day, but I kind of like the attention so that is okay.
I’m such good boy.
Can I have some (not crushed) cookies now?
Notes from the Mother of Cats:
I am in full production mode now as the holidays are closing down on me. I’m listening to books on tape, binge watching Netflix and mass producing little knitted and sewn items. I’m having fun and the little items are just jumping off my needles now. Here are the patterns:
- The Gnome is Here We Gnome Again by Sarah Schira
- The pincushions are from the pattern Chloe’s Cushions by Yamagara. This is a free pattern, is so fun to knit, and there are three different cushions: must knit faster!!
- The cowl is Mount Moran Lace Cowl by Selena Miskin. MacKenzie is a fan of the silk/mohair and yak yarns so I do have to keep it bagged!
- I’m refining the wrister pattern as I work; I’m now on the 4th version of my pattern. I’m thinking that another free pattern is coming your way. I’m making all of them in cashmere blend superwash merino fingering and they are heaven to wear under the cuffs of sweaters! The cashmere is why MacKenzie likes them so much. He’s a cat who knows what he likes!!
- I still haven’t tried to figure out how to put patterns on Ravelry. Maybe when I get the Christmas gifts into the mail.
- Did I mention that I have some sewing to get done too? Busy days!!
20 thoughts on “MacKenzie Speaks: All the Little Things”
MacKenzie: Christmas is a wonderful time but the prep is time consuming. Enjoy your treats and all the yummy foods.
Everything looks fantastic! Good luck with all your projects:)
Thanks! I’m buried now but I am liking the final products.
MacKenzie is so photogenic!
He is. He is completely unafraid of the camera. My other cat was the opposite.
well, he is quite a star! 🙂
By the look of those pussycat eyes I would say MacKenzie is not a happy chappy in his bonnet. (or does he love it?) Don’t tell him but I can’t stop laughing. Your little Christmas goodies are lovely. Your dedication is admirable. I’m jealous!
Oh, he is not a fan of the antlers!! He is laughable, isn’t he?! Let’s hope I get the goodies done on time and that they all arrive at their new homes on time.
Wow you’ve been busy, especially as it sounds like there’s more going on that are Christmas gifts. MacKenzie obviously has great taste in fibres. This is a link to the guide on adding patterns, best of luck. https://www.ravelry.com/wiki/pages/DesignerQuickStartGuide
I have been busy!! I began to panic a couple of weeks ago, and now I’m in a creative frenzy.
Thanks for the link!!
You be careful with that Christmas tree when it goes up, MacKenzie – no chewing. That last picture looks positively evil.
I never chew, but knocking down ornaments is the best!!
Mackenzie could give grumpy cat a run for his money!!
Ha! Now I’m thinking of MacKenzie memes!
Lol!! I love it!!
Your projects all look great. I can’t get enough of MacKenzie in her hat. That picture conveys her opinion clearly.
He definitely was not happy with the hat!!
Hahaha! The picture of MacKenzie in the antler hat is priceless!! Love all of your fun projects! 🙂
He sure looked disgusted with me. This year I’m planning a Santa hat!!
MacKenzie – you know Mother of Cats loves you – she made you that beautiful antler hat!
All the project you are making are beautiful – you really are in production mode!