Hi. I’m MacKenzie.
The Mother of Cats has been staying inside for days and never lets me sit by an open window. When she does open the window smoke comes in from outside. It’s because there are lots of fires burning in Colorado right now. I don’t like smoke all that much, either, but it is so boring when the window is shut.
It is also hot. Really hot. You would think that the Mother of Cats would devote all of her time to helping me stay cool, but she has spent the last week sitting downstairs, watching Netflix, and getting lots of knitting done. Today she went outside WITHOUT ME and took all the pictures of what she has been making.
During all of this knitting did the Mother of Cats remember to feed me cookies and to play with me EVERY hour on the hour? No, she did not!
This afternoon the Mother of Cats is getting ready to start another pair of socks and we are all sitting downstairs watching the weather radar on television because there is a big thunderstorm right over us. Rain! Thunder! Hail! What is next? This is completely unacceptable. Maybe she will open a window once the rain is over.
I’m such a good boy.
Can I have my cookies now?
Notes from the Mother of Cats:
- The wildfires in Colorado have been just stunning in their intensity and unpredictable behavior. We need rain very badly; today it arrived in such intensity that we are now under a flash flood watch, and the new weather brought a tornado to one of the fire zones. Truly, we need a break here in the western part of the United States. This picture arrived in my Facebook feed last night showing a fire in the southern part of Colorado. Just heartbreaking. I hope that the rain coming down now helps them.
- The socks are another one of the vanilla pattern Dave by Rachel Coopey. I measured the little ball of bright pink contrast yarn and I think that I will have enough to do the band at the top of the sock too. Casting on another pair this evening…
- The sweater is the Throwback Tee by Wanda Eichler. My project notes are here.
- Both of the shawls are Close to You by Justyna Lorkowska, a free pattern on Ravelry.
- I am really, really bad at finishing items once I get them off my needles. Last night I finally sat down and took care of all the loose ends to finish a small stack of items and this afternoon I got the pictures before the rain arrived. Now it is raining hard outside: knitting time!
14 thoughts on “MacKenzie Speaks: So Much Knitting!”
Your shawl and sweater combos are gorgeous!
Thanks! I have another sweater in the queue that will be blue and gold that will go with the lighter shall really nicely. Must knit faster!
MacKenzie: You really are the most patient cat ever. You deserve all the cookies but just one at a time:)
Your projects are lovely! I had to add the shawl to my queue.
I’ve been following the fires. I hope the rain knocks them back.
MacKenzie: today we had catnip bliss flavored cookies! I forgive the Mother of Cats for everything.
The rain was a couple of inches in the fire zones, but I don’t know if that will be enough to make an impact. The heat returns this weekend, and we’re still a couple of weeks from the monsoon rains. They can’t very here soon enough.
I really like this shawl pattern. I hope you will enjoy it too.
those socks are just absolutely beautiful!
It’s the yarn! I bought three of these sock sets. I’m having so much fun making them!
they look amazing!
So sorry about the fires. I worry about it happening here as well. Love all your featured finished items. I am still knitting on my Close To You shawl. Mine jus might get finished this weekend. It is knit n dk vs fingering weight. I am having pain across top of my right hand so not able to knit as much as I would like. Congratulations on your beautiful finished items!
Thank you. I’m sorry to hear about your hand; it’s just awful when they act up.
I have three more projects going… so much yarn to knit! I look forward to seeing what a dk weight shall looks like.
I do hope the heat and storms desist soon. And especially that the extremes do not exacerbate the Mother’s condition
I’m afraid that we’re in for more of this. It had been really hot here this summer, and several records have already been broken.
Nominating your blog for The Sunshine blogger Award xx