Hi. I’m MacKenzie.
The Mother of Cats was sucked into the “Find Your Fade” vortex weeks and weeks ago. Yellow Boy and I did everything that we could to save her, but it was hopeless. She has been neglecting us for forever while this has been going on. It has been awful! So far she has knitted up THREE of these shawls.
Finally, finally she finished up all of her silly knitting and took the shawl outside to grab some pictures yesterday.
You can imagine our relief when the Mother of Cats told us that she is done knitting Fade shawls for now. Finally!! We have made it to the end of the Fades tunnel. She got out her basket of
unloved and abandoned old knitting projects (she calls them WIPs; Yellow Boy thought that she was talking about a new kind of kitty treat and came running. Boy, was he disappointed!) and told us that she would be finishing some of these up before she starts a new project. Right. We’ve heard that before.
Today there is too much snow on the ground for us to go outside so we are hanging out inside again. The Mother of Cats is knitting on a pair of socks from her basket and Yellow Boy and I are playing on our new cat tree.
About time we got a new cat scratching post!! I’ve been forced to use the knitting chair for weeks, and the Mother of Cats just gets upset every time I put a claw on it. She is so emotional. I’m glad that she finally understood that she needs to focus more on my needs.
I’m such a good boy.
Can I have some cookies now?
Notes from the Mother of Cats:
- This is the third Find You Fade shawl that I’ve knit. The project notes for this one are located here on Ravelry.
- My first Fade was done in fall colors. You can find it here.
- The second Fade, one that would look nice with denim, was finished last month. Its Ravelry notes are here.
- I am now finishing a pair of socks I started months ago. I am going to work through the WIP basket for sure. Really. I’m totally going to be able to ignore that shawl yarn that I kitted up this week with its pattern… I am strong!
- Should I show off all three shawls together in a post?
- I also did some beading this week. Wait until I show you my BKB’s bead stash!! (BKB = Best Knitting Buddy)