Good grief! Where did the time go to? Just a few minutes ago I was trying to remember to write 2016 on things, and now it’s gone? Why is it the days fly faster the older I get? Anyway, it appears that 2016 has gone out the door and I need to pack up the memories… Struggling to cope with this evident reality I flipped through the pages of my notebook, looked at some stats, flipped through the picture gallery, and discovered that actually 2016 was a fairly productive (but politically horrifying) year. Let’s look at what was accomplished:
- I completed 28 knitting projects this year!
- 55 books were read! Now, you don’t want to see all those books, right? That’s what I thought. My favorite, however, was Babylon’s Ashes. What can I say? I’m a geek.
- I wrote 56 posts that received 6,705 views. The post that was most popular this year (sorry MacKenzie) was Farewell Summer, Hello Drachenfels, a post that I wrote towards the end of 2015. Actually, I posted three times about my Drachenfels shawl in 2015 and all three posts continue to draw regular traffic. Hey, this is one yummy piece of shawl wrap-me-in-your-wings heaven. Here’s the completed item.
- I started several sewing projects, bought fabric for more, and finished ONE quilt. Oops. Guess I have some finishing up to do in 2017.
- I ended up the year with several knitting WIPs, 83 items in my Ravelry shopping cart, and 20 projects in my Ravelry queue. Must knit faster!!
Last night I cast on my first new project for 2017. Sorry little WIPs. I promise that I’ll get you done in time, but I HAD to start a new sweater. It’s cold outside. I crave new yarn and I must have it.
Happy 2017 everyone.
6 thoughts on “Good-bye 2016: The Year in Review”
Great job on the amount of knitting projects!
Thanks! It helps to be retired. 🙂
Drachenfels is gorgeous!! Everyone must be coming by to admire it:)
2016 did go by quick! I hope 2017 moves a little slower:)
A slow 2017… more knitting time. Yes!!
Wow I keep promising myself more reading time. I love those purples. I’m trying to stick to just one (or 2) WIP at a time now … we’ll see.
I’m struggling to finish up two books I let hibernate and then I’ll be on the hunt for a good book! I just love purples. 🙂