I was surprised to wake up a couple of days ago to find that Sharon of Creativity and Family had received the Liebster Blog Award and had nominated me to receive it also. For those of you who don’t already know what this award is, it is one that is designed to recognize and draw attention to smaller bloggers (in terms of the number of followers) who produce sites that you (the nominator) find helpful/entertaining/meaningful and would like to share with others. At the end of this post I will pass the baton to some of the sites that I follow and really enjoy. Sharon, thank you so much for nominating me. I’m really flattered that you thought of me.
As part of accepting the award I am asked to answer some questions that Sharon sent to her nominees in her original post. I get to pick 5 or more of her questions. So, with no further ado, here are her questions that I have selected and my answers.
- What is your favorite crafting tool?
My knitting needles!! I have gone through a lot of needles in my time, but my absolute favorites are now Chiaogoo lace tip needles. I have a set of interchangable needles that I bought extra tips and cables for, several sets of cable needles, and and a set of double-pointed needles to match them. If I am just knitting a sock or mitt I use my Kollage Yarns square double-point needles. I love them so much I bought a set (or two) in every size I commonly use. I have zip-up Chiaogoo cases for them that I treasure.
2. What is your favorite craft book
That’s a hard call. I went to the book shelf and hunted for the book that was the most worn and tattered. Here it it.
3. Do you have a project that you have made time and time again?
I have made the same sock pattern so many times that I have it memorized! It is the Chouwa sock from the book Knitted Socks East and West by Judy Sumner. No matter who I make this sock for, it fits!! I tried to make my sister something else last year and she just demanded another Chouwa. So there. If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. 🙂
4. What is your favourite handmade gift that you have received from somebody else?
My cousin Cathy sent me a handmade quilt that I just treasure and use everytime I stay over at my son’s house. Next time I get hospitalized (knock wood) I’m going to have it brought to me because it makes me feel so happy!
5. Where do you sit to do your creating? If possible could you share a photo?
6. Have your creative hobbies changed over the years or do you stick to the same ones?
Knitting has been a constant for me ever since I learned around 8 years old. I’ve added in spinning, weaving, quilting, card-making and some bead work over the years, but the vast majority of my time is spent knitting. My spinning wheel resents this…
7. What do you store your wips and take out projects in?
I live it fear of wool moths. Every time I attend a workshop lately I am warned that there are, indeed, wool moths in Colorado. I have a lot of fiber coming through my house…
That is it for my questions. It is now my great pleasure to nominate some of the blogs that I follow and enjoy. Please don’t feel obligated to accept the award, but if you do, there are some requirements that I have listed below. I hope that you will because I like your blog and I think that other people will to.
That Girl at (Not) Another Lupus Blog
joeylynne28 at Tubie or Not Tubie
As an award winner you must:
- Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award medal (logo) onto your own blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you and give thanks.
- Answer the questions put to you by the person who nominated you. This is a great way to get to know the people behind the blogs. The number of questions have vary from 5 to 11 depending on who is asking.
- On your blog nominate and link to your 5 favourite blogs (or more) that you enjoy but have a small readership (the rules have varied from less than 200 to less than 3000 readers). It could be that they have only been blogging for a short time or have a niche interest but are worthy of gaining more attention in the wider blogging world. That means the blogs of large, commercial enterprises are not eligible for nomination; nor are blogs that are well publicised in a variety of media and established with tens of thousands of followers.
- List your questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
- Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blogs.
Some of the blogs that I nominated are written by people with serious crafting addictions (and not enough time to get to all of them…), others are blogging about their lives with serious medical conditions, and some blogs are by people with both of these things going on in their lives. 🙂 I tried to make questions that will fit the bill for people in either group; pick 5 or more of the questions that appeal to you.
- Why did you start blogging?
- Why did you chose the name of your blog?
- What are three of your very favorite books?
- What are the biggest challenges in your day-to-day life and how do you deal with them?
- What does your work (crafting) area look like? Pictures, please!!
- Are you hoping to make gifts for Christmas this year? Share!! (Please do this one. I need ideas…)
- What is your favorite (handmade) gift that you have received from somebody else?
- Where do you get your best ideas?
- Where do your creative energies go? What craft or activity is the most important to you?
- Have your creative hobbies changed over the years or do you stick to the same ones?
- What makes you the happiest?