Hi. I’m Hannah.
It’s also been a whole month since I came home from the scary cat shelter to live with Kitten Mom. I was really upset the whole way home in the car and then cried whenever I lost sight of her for days. It was a scary time for me. The Kitten Mom petted me a lot, fed me yummy kitten food, and gave me lots of toys. I love my toys!! I take them everywhere with me.
This week the Kitten Mom and I have been playing in the yarn room (Oh my goodness, you wouldn’t believe all of the exciting stuff that is in that yarn room! I learned how to climb the bookshelf and push down boxes of yarn! I dragged balls of string across the floor and found lots of crinkly bags to sleep on!), and this morning she decided that we could play with some pink and grey yarn. We took the yarn downstairs with some other stuff. Toys!! I was so excited to have another toy. Look at this:
See what a good girl I am? I don’t really like to chase the yarn while the Kitten Mom is knitting; I like to eat the papers!! All the papers!! Maybe I can chase them a little too, but mostly I have to tear them into little itty bitty bits. Maybe she will give me papers later… or some other toys… or just pet me… or…
Maybe when I wake up we can play some more…
Notes from the Kitten Mom:
- Hannah was the last kitten left in the shelter when I saw her last month. She was a failed adoption who had been returned after three days in her first home. I put her on my lap and petted her for a few minutes as she purred; when I tried to put her back on the ground she cried and clung to me. That was that: I had a kitten.
- As I filled out her paperwork one of the shelter employees asked if I was prepared to deal with a crying kitten at 3am. Oh. That’s what the problem was, I thought. Hannah cried at me through the window the entire time I was getting the paperwork done. Good set of kitten lungs, I thought.
- Yep. She glued herself to me for the first 24 hours and cried each time I moved. Poor thing. We got through the night and she continued to stay right with me at all times for the first week. Now she still stays near me and uses me as a huge playmate/cat toy. Except at night. Then little miss independent rockets around the house with a toy in her mouth. She and Pitty-Pat are best friends.
- There has been some yarn chomping, but she has already grown out of the behavior. Now she would rather eat the pattern pages.
- I had desperately wanted a yellow tabby stripped male kitten, but ended up with this tuxedo coated little girl. I have exactly the kitten that is right for me.
- She doesn’t like kitty cookies: MacKenzie would be so disgusted!